We have been involved in the design and manufacture of the products for multiple land based sectors for over 20 years – Our engineering team has the knowledge and expertise to provide value added advice prior to project initiation, backed up by our modern fabrication facility and skilled workforce.
Nubolds manufacturing facilities are structured so as to provide a complete manufacturing solution for land based engineering activities. We have the capabilities to manufacture a vast range of product, from a precision machined component for the Rail Sector to a 15 ton industrial fabrication for the Energy Sector.
– Our precision sheet metal and machining department regularly produce parts for the transport sector, we assist our clients with both prototyping, product approval and value engineering for production runs – with our in house finishing department putting the final touch to the product.
Heavy fabrications for the rail industry are easily handled by our 15t overhead cranage, which can load direct to articulated transport for both nationwide and overseas destinations.
Our precision machining facility can produce bodyside brackets, grab rails, table legs, and all manner of other rolling stock components. Finishing of components is critical to our clients and Nubolds facility caters for both fire rated powder coatings and wet paint finishes – essential for the stringent rail standards.
Our composites division Nubold Composites produces interior trim for rolling stock from a variety of materials
– in house facilities can cut form and fabricate this versatile material into draught screens, Tables, luggage rack panels, doors and partions – various edgings can be applied such as PU or metallic
Plywood & MDF
– Machined, bonded and available in a variety of laminates this traditional material can be used for flooring, tables and partitions. Available in a variety of thickness with the fire rating required for Rail applications this product is often incorporated into metallic structures as infill panels.
GRP and Injection Moulding
– Complex 3 dimensional shapes can easily be produced from glass reinforced plastic once a mould has been created with either a Gel coat finish or wet painted to match the operators SOF. Panels for toilet modules, PIS displays and Call for Aid covers are all items we regularly manufacture for this sector.
– with over 10,000 individual parts being produced annually for the rail industry we have developed a reputation for both the understanding of the requirements and the quality this sector demands.
Nubold Fabrications produces a large range of product for Road based transport. From towbars to parts for heavy goods vehicles we have the process’ in place to supply this ever increasing sector. Vast stock of raw material, coupled with lights out laser cutting facilities and the ability to cut multiple thickness on the same shift ensures parts can be produced 24hrs a day. This continual manufacturing ethos enables us to provide a constant stream of product to our customers production lines, reducing their stock inventory.
Complex obsolete parts are often reverse engineered by our design department who will produce a CAD model for future production whilst at the same time offer advice on value engineering – useful for bringing down costs in this competitive market.
Our core areas for land based manufactured items by sector: